What better time than spring to switch up your habits? With the bounty of produce available this season, it’s a perfect time to whip a delicious salad full of fruits and veggies.
Spring Pea Shoot and Radish Salad
Pea Shoot and Radish Salad to welcome in the spring. Fresh and light. But still hearty enough for a satisfying lunch. Tender pea shoots, crisp and bitter radishes, crunchy walnuts, creamy and pungent blue cheese and sweet figs are tossed together and drizzled with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- 4 cups loosely packed pea shoots (or use watercress if you can’t find pea shoots)
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 dried figs, halved
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
- Balsamic glaze
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine pea shoots, radishes, figs, blue cheese and walnuts. Toss. Divide into 2 bowls. Drizzle each bowl with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Serve.
Creamy Beet Green Chopped Salad
- 1 bunch of beets, including fresh greens
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove the tops and roots of the beets, and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets into 1 in. chunks. Place the beets on a baking sheet. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper and roast for about 25-30 minutes, until beets are tender.
- In the meanwhile, clean, dry, and chop off the red stems. Chop the greens and place them in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Add quinoa, chickpeas, and tomatoes to bowl of greens. Toss with generous amounts of dressing.
Strawberry Salad with Almonds and Feta
"This unusual combination of strawberries, feta cheese, toasted almonds and romaine lettuce in a sweet and tangy dressing is sure to please your guests. A guaranteed pleaser for any potluck or BBQ meal!!!"
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 c. assorted baby lettuces
- 1 qt. strawberries
- 4 oz. feta
- 1 c. smoked almonds
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, honey, shallot, and vinegar. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lettuces in a large bowl. Add the strawberries, feta, and almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss well, and serve.